Monday 12 January 2015

Monday Makes: Holly's Headdress


I'm very excited about the first 'Monday Makes' post of 2015 (indeed my first post of 2015, our end of year posts are running a little late, but they are coming, I promise).  This week is dedicated to one of the prettiest vintage headdresses I think I've made. 

This piece was a little labour of love and was made just after my studio was finished and I was sorting and organising all my bits and pieces.  I started to play and before long I had a little pile of silvery pieces that I wanted to transform into an original headdress.  A combination of vintage brooches, silver leaves and flowers, seed beads, bugle beads and Swarovski pearls all came together to make this headdress.  I spent several afternoons working on it, adding a bit, leaving it for a while, then adding a bit more, until I was happy that something beautiful had been created.


Not long after its completion we had a wonderful day at King's Lynn Wedding Festival, where this piece took pride of place on our new stand layout.  I was so pleased when it got so much attention, and I think there were several ladies who had their eye on it, but Holly got there first!   It was great chatting to Holly about her wedding plans and we spent quite a bit of time at the fair, discussing her accessory needs and picking out complimentary pieces for her bridesmaids.  Holly decided to have the band finished in the tiny silver seed beads that feature in the design, and then commissioned a matching jewellery set too.  That's one of the great things about having your wedding accessories handmade, you can make sure everything co-ordinates, even if you pick a one-off design like Holly.


Holly also had pieces for her bridesmaids and flowergirl, which I'll be sharing with you in a few weeks time.  For now, here is a stunning picture that Holly sent us, from her big day in August.  Doesn't she look beautiful?  The dress is simply amazing and all of her photos really have the 'wow' factor!

Congratulations Holly!

Photo courtesy of Paul Macro Photography


I'm looking to make some pieces similar to the style of Holly's in the next few months (but not the same, our vintage pieces are always one-offs) but if in the meantime, you think you'd like to commission something similar, please e-mail melissamorgandesigns@sky.com and we can chat about your ideas!

Melissa 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment