Monday 26 January 2015

Monday Makes: Bespoke Bridesmaid Collection

You may remember that last year I blogged about a series of bridal bracelets that I had made (if not, have a nosey here).  One of those bracelets was for our bride Gwen, who got in touch after ordering one of our bridal headbands.  Gwen wanted a bracelet to match and I was only too happy to help her out with a custom design.


Gwen also wanted something special for her bridesmaid.  Gwen lived further away, so it wasn't possible for her to visit the studio.  This isn't always a problem though, as Gwen was able to let me know the styles she liked and I was able to send her images of pieces I'd made that I thought she would like and of the sparkly materials in my collection that I could use.
I always offer to remake or redesign pieces as many times as needed to get the designs right for my clients (although I'm very proud to say that this is something I rarely have to do).  Gwen loved the floral comb that I designed.  It was made with a central diamante flower button, co-ordinating diamante leaves and was then surrounded with more diamante shapes and twists of beautiful, clear Swarovski crystals.  Such a glamorous, glitzy piece!


To finish the bridesmaid's look I made a simple Swarovski pendant and matching earrings, using the same sparkly crystals and some diamante rondelles.


This is a really pretty set and as I write I'm already thinking about how I can adapt it for a new collection piece.  What I particularly like is the potential this has to be worn for other events, like balls and proms.  Sparkle never goes out of fashion!

Congratulations to you for your wedding Gwen, we hope both bride and bridesmaid had a magical day!


Melissa
xx

2 comments: